What is a cookie?
What is a cookie? A cookie is a small text file that is stored by the computer when a website is visited by a user. The text stores information that the site is able to read when it is consulted at a later time. Some of these cookies are necessary for the proper functioning of the site, while others are useful to the visitor because they are able to securely store, for example, the user name or language settings. The advantage of having cookies installed on your pc is that you no longer need to fill in the same information every time you want to access a previously visited site. These are so-called technical or session cookies. There are also particular cookies, defined as analytical and / or profiling, installed by third parties, which can detect statistical information on the use of the site or result in user profiling.
For more information on the processing of personal data collected on this site, the general information provided pursuant to Art. 13 of Reg. 679/2016 GDPR.
How can i disable cookies?
It is possible to modify the browser to disable cookies, even in a selective form (eg only third-party cookies or analytics), following the procedures provided by the individual browsers, listed below for ease of reference. To disable Google Analytics cookies, visit the appropriate page and follow the instructions. Attention: by disabling technical or session cookies, both username and password will no longer be stored on any login boxes to the reserved areas of the site.
- Open Firefox
- Press the “Alt” button on your keyboard.
- In the toolbar located at the top of the browser, select “Tools” and then “Options”.
- Then select the “Privacy” tab.
- Go to “History Settings:” and then to “Use custom settings”. Uncheck “Accept cookies from sites” and save your preferences.
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click on the “Tools” button and then on “Internet Options”.
- Select the “Privacy” tab and move the slider to the level of privacy you want to set (up to block all cookies or down to allow them all).
- Then click OK.
- Open Google Chrome
- Click on the “Tools” icon.
- Select “Settings” and then “Advanced Settings”.
- Select “Content settings” under “Privacy”.
- From the “Cookies and site data” tab where it will be possible to search and delete specific cookies.
- Type chrome: // settings / cookies in the address bar and hit enter
- You will access the “Cookies and site data” tab where it will be possible to search and delete specific cookies.
- Open Safari
- Choose “Preferences” in the toolbar, then select the “Security” panel in the dialog box that follows.
- In the “Accept cookies” section you can specify if and when Safari must save cookies from websites. For more information click on the help button (marked with a question mark).
- For more information on the cookies that are stored on your computer, click on “Show cookies”.